Large holiday cottage in Muker, Swaledale, Yorkshire Dales
Call Us Today
Sadly we have to close between 5th November and 2nd December due to the second English lockdown.
Take care everyone and we look forward to welcoming you once we are able to reopen.
All the best
Suzanne and Chris
REOPENING 2rd December
Please note that our area will move into tier 2 when we reopen on 2nd December. This means that only one household/support bubble (from either tier 1 or 2) can come away here.
Call Us Today
We're Good To Go
We are pleased to confirm we have been accredited by Visit England’s industry-standard Good to Go scheme which means we have a risk assessment in place and are following government guidelines in terms of cleaning protocols and social distancing. If you have any queries about a stay with us, please do get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Are you looking for a fabulous holiday cottage for your group of family or friends?
Would you like a central village location?
Need a great pub nearby?
Looking for somewhere to celebrate a big birthday or anniversary?
Need somewhere with plenty of bathrooms?
Want somewhere a bit quirky and fun?
Then Bramble Bottom – the only large holiday cottage in the iconic village of Muker in Swaledale – is the perfect choice.
Bramble Bottom is the only large holiday cottage in Muker
Bramble Bottom sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms (all quirkily decorated along Swaledale themes!) and has four bathrooms – so if you are a party of four couples, you all get your own bathroom. On the top floor, there is a fabulous cathedral effect lounge/kitchen/diner with magnificent views, solid oak dining table and a cosy woodburner. The whole cottage is superbly appointed and offers a comfortable and contemporary home from home.
Bramble Bottom is ideally located in the centre of Muker – close to the excellent Farmers Arms pub, Village store and Tearooms, Swaledale Woollens and the Craft Gallery. There is fantastic walking and cycling from the doorstep.
- Sleeps 10
- 5 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Enclosed patio area
- Stunning open-plan lounge / kitchen / diner
- Free super fast wifi
- Bluetooth music streaming
- Central village location
- Pub and tea shop in village
- Private parking for 3 cars
- Storage for bikes
- Walking/cycling from the doorstep
Swaledale offers all the ingredients for a great holiday:
- Bramble enjoys a central village location in the picture-postcard village of Muker with its excellent Farmers Arms pub (a Yorkshire’s Favourite Pub Finalist) serving home cooked food and great real ales, Muker Village Store and Tea Rooms, Swaledale Woollens and The Old School Craft Shop and Gallery.
- There are plenty of tourist attractions within easy reach of Bramble including the lovely market town of Hawes where you can visit the famous Wensleydale Creamery – a nice bit of cheese Gromit! – the fascinating Dales Countryside Museum and Hawes Ropemakers.
- Reeth is within easy reach with its lovely ice cream parlour and Swaledale Museum
- At Low Row you can enjoy the unique experience of Alpaca trekking.
- Take a trip on the famous Settle-Carlisle railway and enjoy one of the most scenic rail journeys in the UK, passing over the iconic Ribblehead Viaduct.
- Savour The Yorkshire Shepherdess Amanda Owen’s delicious scones at Ravenseat Farm – only a few miles away – as featured on ITV’s The Dales Programme.
- Enjoy the spectacular scenery featuring waterfalls, dry stone walls barns and the famous wildflower meadows.
- For you outdoor folk, there’s fantastic walking and cycling for all abilities from the doorstep. The walk over Kisdon Hill to Muker and Keld is featured in the Ramblers’ Top 50 Walks in the UK. Retrace the wheels of the Tour de France and have a go at tackling the Cote de Buttertubs – just a mile from Bramble!
- This a fantastic area for birdwatchers and wildlife enthusiasts. Bring your binoculars to experience a wide variety of wildlife – you are likely to see rabbits, hares, curlews, pheasants, grouse, oyster catchers, snipe, dippers, lapwings, grey wagtails and doves.
- Or just relax – read a book, listen to music or just chill out and enjoy the views…
- Take a trip with a difference in a guided chauffer driven Yorkshire Trike Tours ‘Billy Connolly’ style motor trike – a unique way to experience the Yorkshire Dales at their finest www.yorkshiretriketours.co.uk
Due to the pandemic, the 2020 Muker Show has been cancelled. The next show will be on Wednesday 1st September 2021.
There is so much going on across the Dales throughout the year. To see current and future events, please check out our events page
The Royal Mint has featured Swaledale sheep on a coin commemorating the 2015 Lunar Year of the Sheep. The coin, designed by Wuon-Gean Ho, features a pair of Swaledale sheep, heads bowed, with the swirl of their horns perfectly suited to the round coin. You can read...